> Yes, it does sound a bit odd, but the problem is that
> there is no subjective self or "me" that any word
> points to. So you can say, "I'm cold," but there is no
> "I", there's just cold.
>
>     I have not been posting lately but thoughts I put my two cents
into this discussion.IMHO the concept of individuality primarily
refers to the physical body and the social entity that is expressed
via that body(eg few people on FFL would mistake Peter S. for Tom
P:)).Hopefully we can all agree that there exists a physical body and
social entity called Peter Sutphen.However the latter individual no
longer has any experience of a personal self nor is there any sense of
someone "having" a body,a mind etc.The individual known as Peter
Sutphen(and in particular the brain) does have a specific learning
history and also relatively stable behavioral and personality
characteristics eg "he"apparently follows professional football.It is
this psycho-social entity that participates in this discussion group
and which sometimes responses with anger to the posts of others.
> Infact it is my experience and belief that the absence of a personal
self and related subjective changes(inner silence/distinction between
being and action)frequently have a minimal impact on the behavior  of
> > the physical and social individual.IOW being enlightened in this
sense is unlikely to make you a better golfer or for that matter a
better person.I do disagree with the position that the term
enlightenment should or can be limited to the state described above.Kevin