--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> >--- a_non_moose_ff wrote:
> >
> > What the project is doesn't matter. Its not the fruit of the action
> > that paramount. Its the masters reaction. And the process of intense
> > focus on one BIG thing. Its all a process to root out vasannas.
>
> Life itself seems to provide plenty of opportunities for
> action without fruit. For Maharishi to promote such
> things seems redundant.

But you are mischaracterizing the mechanics I outlined, or
misunderstanding them.

And its not a path for everyone, or most. Its for a few that want or
need it.

The key is intense focus on one Big thing, a project beyond oneself.
All energy focussed on that one big "social", not personal, project.
Attention on all other desires fades and the vasanas of such begin to
dissipate. Then, and only then, is the second part relevant, the
change phase (the rug pulling).

> As for what Maharishi intends to teach, call me a romantic,
> but I prefer the old progression of action, achievement and
> fulfillment.

And thats a good sadhana. But, I am just curious, what specific
achievements do you feel will bring you fulfillment?

If you can't specify the achievements do you feel will bring you
fulfillment, then it seems like its an endless, never ending chain.