--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> on 1/17/06 11:16 AM, Patrick Gillam at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > At a time when the nation is highly influenced by
> > religiously conservative politicians, I'm surprised
> > more people don't take the tack Steven Druker
> > does below: ask these people to reconcile their
> > policies with their religious beliefs.
> >
> > For example, I've wondered why the Christians
> > among the DC Power Elite don't lead the nation
> > in forgiving terrorists for crimes committed in the
> > name of Islam.
>
> Most Christians are looking forward to watching God rip the
> guts out of non-Christians when Judgment Day comes. In other
> words, they're hiding a lot of cruel, violent tendencies
> beneath a thin veneer of sanctity. Hypocrites!

Absolutely. If it weren't true, the "Left Behind"
series of books would not be the huge sellers they
are.  Modern-day (that is to say, so perverted as to
no longer resemble the teachings of the founder of
the religion) Christianity is almost as elitist and
bloodthirsty as modern-day (that is, again, perverted
to no longer resemble the teachings of the founder
of the religion) Islam.  The two extremes deserve
each other.