> On Jan 22, 2006, at 10:42 AM, authfriend wrote:
>
> > Where do they make the claims that Wilber debunks?
> >
> > The claims listed in your previous post were:
> >
> > --Physics proves God; the Tao finds proof in quantum
> >   realities.
> > --Your consciousness creates electrons.
> > --Quantum vacuum potentials are unmanifest Spirit.
> > --Understanding quantum mechanics means you're
> >   enlightened.
> >
> > I can't recall ever hearing any of these claims
> > from the TMO.
>
> The post was a brief summary of the 37 minute talk from Ken's web
> site.
>
> Of course if you don't *want* to see what he is talking about, you
> won't.

I have enormous respect for Wilber's thinking in
this area; I've been citing him for years.  His
analyses have greatly clarified my own understanding.
If he debunked a TM claim, his would be the last
word, as far as I'm concerned.  His introductory
essay in Quantum Questions is extraordinarily lucid
and tightly reasoned as to what can and cannot be
said with reference to quantum mechanics and
mysticism.

> It's pretty damn obvious to me. What might throw TM people off
> is that he does not use TM-speak to convey his ideas, but more
> generic, universal terminology.

Actually the fact that Wilber uses more generic, universal
terminology may be what's throwing *you* off.  I suspect
you're *assuming* that what he's saying debunks the TM
claims, when in fact the TM claims are much more specific
and nuanced--both in terms of MMY's teaching and of quantum
mechanics--than what he's debunking.

I could be wrong, but I'd need to see the evidence.

Again, as you've posted them, the claims he debunks
are not claims I've ever heard the TMO make.