> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bhagwan_goose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> sun
> 13,000
> > >
> > > I don't think your mental model is quite right,
> >
> > Not the first time its been off. :)
> >
> > > but I'm not sure exactly how it's off, so I don't
> > > know how to help you correct it.
> >
> > Do you therefore feel Peter's model is correct? If so, can you
> > explain why?
>
> Wasn't following that closely, sorry.

Let me try explain the positions as I understand them. Peter, please
correct me if I get your position wrong.

We both agree that precession advances 1 degree every 72 years, and
makes a full cycle every 26,000 years.

Peter claims that this precession changes the orientation of buildings
over long of time -- that a building facing due east will be facing
due  west in 13,000 years due to precession (assuming it is still
there  (this is "thought" experiment -- useful for clarifying
concepts.) And this thus makes SV quite releative to  time, and  makes
invalid in the long run.

You claim that the sun will still rise in the east in 13000 years.

I suggest that if you are correct, a  building correctly facing the
sun per SV now will be correctly facing the sun in 13000 years.

If you are not correct, and peter is, the sun will be rising from the
west in 13000, the building will be facing the wrong way.

So who is right?

Judy: the sun will still rise in the east in 13000 years.

Peter: the sun will be rising from the west in 13000, the building
will be facing the wrong way per SV.

The postions are mutually exclusive. This is not a "Paradox of
Brahman". Both statements cannot be true -- even if some
psuedo-enlightened want to suggest that anyone who  can't hold both as
blissfully true will never be enlightened. :)