http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/q1795.html

Will the equinoxes and solstices switch places in
13,000 years because of the precession of the Earth's
rotation axis?

No, there will be no swapping of the seasons and the
months of the year.

The precession of the equinoxes of the Earth is a
motion that causes the axis of the Earth's rotation to
remain FIXED at an angle of 23.5 degrees, however, it
rotates along a great circle with a period of 26,000
years. The result is that the two points where the
equator of the Earth intersect the ecliptic plane, the
vernal and autumnal equinoxes, precess westward along
the ecliptic by 360 degrees per 25,800 years or 50.26
seconds of arc per year. This is also equal to 0.125
seconds of arc per day or 0.008 seconds of time, so
that each day the synchronization between sidereal and
solar time slips a bit. Currently, the vernal equinox
which heralds the beginning of spring occurs in the
constellation of Pisces, but it is slowly moving
towards the constellation of Aquarius and will arrive
there in a few hundred years or so.

The seasons of the year are produced by the tilt of
the axis of the Earth, and this tilt is not disturbed
by the precession, but remains exactly the same with
respect to the ecliptic plane. Currently in the
northern hemisphere, the Earth is tilted TOWARDS the
Sun by 23.5 degrees when the Earth is at its farthest
from the Sun ( aphelion ) in June, and we experience
summer. In the winter it is tilted AWAY from the Sun
today. Because our calendar year and its seasons are
tied to when the equinoxes occur, it automatically
keeps up with the precession, so that in 13,000 years
we will have the following situation: The axis of the
Earth will be tilted TOWARDS the Sun by 23.5 degrees
when the Earth is closest to the Sun ( perihelion) in
the northern hemisphere in JUNE, and tilted AWAY from
the Sun when it is closest to the Sun in December.
Each day, our calendar is gradually 'precessing' in
time by 0.008 seconds to keep up with the new
locations of the equinoxes and solstices so no matter
where we are in the precession cycle, winter will
always happen in December, and Summer in June. BUT
because in the northern hemisphere in 13,000 years we
will be closer to the Sun for our summer, and farther
for our winter, the severity of these seasons will be
slightly greater.

What will also change is the constellation that the
summer solstice will be in. In 13,000 years the summer
solstice will travel 1/2 of a full cycle around the
zodiac. Will we still celebrate winter in December and
summer in June in the northern hemisphere? Yes, and we
will also see Orion as a summer constellation in
13,000 years. Precession affects the background
constellations against which the Earth-Sun motion
plays itself out. It does not affect the months during
which the seasons occur, because these are constantly
being updated to keep the vernal equinox in March etc.

http://mail.yahoo.com