> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <jyouells@>
> wrote:
> >
> > The leadership of the USA consciously chose to kill to prempt
> > greater killing in the future. Trying to accomplish the near
> > impossible in the middle east, a functioning representative
> > democracy. I think that this was seem as the 'least evil'
> > solution to an intractable problem. As far as perpetuating
> > violence: there was and is plenty to go around. The US goal
> > is to diminish it. The Islamofascist goals are to topple
> > major economies and political systems thru violence and
> > terror. If you can't turn the killer into a peace lover,
> > do you kill him or let him continue to kill?
>
> John, I usually appreciate your point of view here,
> but if you honestly believe that the US goal is to
> diminish violence in the world, you really owe it
> to yourself to download and watch a three-hour BBC
> series called "The Power of Nightmares."  It is
> available for download from:
>
> http://www.archive.org/details/ThePowerOfNightmares

  I will take a look. BTW, I didn't say 'the world' I said the lesser
evil in the middle east. Just like I don't think that the TMO's
motives are pure or presented clearly, US's aren't either but I don't
think they are anywhere near as conspiritoral as all the hard lefties
think they are. It's always amazed me that so many TB's and former
TB's are so hard left.... in for a dime in for a dollar, I guess. I
express a different point of view than is normally expressed here, and
all of a sudden Jim labels me an ignorant waking state  Kool-Aid
drinker, sheesh. Actually Jim forgets that we share a whole background
of similar TM experience.

JohnY