> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, MDixon6569@ wrote:
> >

> > In a message dated 2/9/06 11:15:01 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> > shempmcgurk@ writes:
> >
> > >  Obviously Kennedy shouldn't have approved the wiretaps
> > > in the  first  place--at least morally; it was legal for
> > > him to do  so--and apparently he  did so reluctantly.
> > >
> > > But how  MDixon thinks the FBI's vastly worse  behavior
> > > reflects badly on  *Teddy* Kennedy, who has been  outspokenly
> > > opposed to Bush's  ILLEGAL wiretapping of many thousands  of
> > > Americans, is really  hard to figure.
> > >

> > > Absolutely  incredible.
> >

> > Not so incredible once you know the way this woman  thinks.
> >
> > She supports old racist and segregationists like Al Gore Sr.
who
> > voted against the Civil Rights Act because she'll defend
Democrats
> > uber alles.
> >
> > What I found incredible was that She can defend to the hilt or
> > apologize for Robert Kennedy who was allowing the spying on of
an
> > American civil  rights leader who did no harm to anybody but
became
> > the closest thing to an  American saint.
>
> I explicitly said he should not have done it.
>
> Then I pointed out that he underwent a major
> transformation in his character after his
> brother's death.
>
> Do you deny either of those points?
>
> > Yet, bash Bush using his authority to protect American citizens
> > from acts of terrorism like we saw on 911 and for years prior to
> > that.
>
> You are going to croak from Kool-Aid poisoning.
>
> > I would  just
> > like Judy to tell me the name of one American citizen that has
been
> > spied on illegally.
>
> How can I do that?  The administration certainly
> isn't going to tell me, nor has it informed the
> innocent people that they've been illegally spied
> upon.
>
> However, those in a position to know say many
> thousands of Americans have been surveilled, and
> in almost all cases no connection to terrorism has
> been found.
>
> > Perhaps Al Qaida needs a *bill of rights*. I
> > really believe in my heart of hearts that America's most liberal
> > are really pissed that terrorism
> > hasn't hit home again big time just so they can blame it on
Bush.

> If you really believe that, you're *deeply* disturbed.
>
> In any case, the conclusive rebuttal to the right-
> wingers who claim the administration should be
> allowed to spy on Americans is:
>
> President Hillary Rodham Clinton.

If her presidency will be anything like her husband's, I would
support her 100%.

Bill Clinton's presidency was characterized by the implementation of
conservative principals we haven't seen since Reagan.  Certainly, no
one can say that the present Bush administration -- and Republican
House and Senate! -- with its tax and spend $2.4 trillion deficit
and intact Social Security program and still intact progressive
income tax system is conservative...it isn't.

So why not try another Clinton administration along with a
Republican House and Senate, as was the case for 6 of 8 Bill Clinton
years?

Of course, it irks me that a woman whose only claim to fame is that
she is a wife of a somebody and is a nobody in her own right can
aspire to the presidency...especially when a MUCH more qualified and
self-made woman like Condi Rice will be available...