--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > +++  You stand in the rain-you get wet-problem
> > >      You don't stand in the rain, you dont, no problem.
> > >      Your choice, your problem.   N.
> >
> > I tend to agree. For me, it's about making the
> > choice to come in out of the rain.
> >
> > As I read what trinity is saying, he doesn't
> > believe that he has that choice. Someone or
> > something else makes it for him.
>
> Right, in this particular case the nerve-cells of my skin
> that tell me,that this wetness is cold and the prickling
> sensation somewhat uncomfortable. The example is in fact
> very apt: Who wouldn't go out of the rain if he has a
> choice, so isn't he really stupid who stays there? This
> is the simplistic appeal of Barry. On a second thought you
> can see, that your reaction is more of a biological response,
> filtered through your present mental conditioning.
>
> > So if I stand in the rain and get wet, it's
> > the result of my choice. I take responsibility
> > for my wetness and having caused it.
>
> No, its the rain which makes you wet. The rain makes you
> go inside.
>
> > It he stands in the rain and gets wet, it's
> > because the universe wanted it that way.  :-)
>
> The universe wanted him to go inside.

So the guy goes inside, out of the rain. And it's
perfect.

Here's a question for you -- would going inside
have been any *less* perfect if the individual made
the decision about whether to go inside or not
using his free will?

I'm beginning to wonder if what you believe is
that the *only way* perfection could exist in the
universe is if the universe itself "runs things,"
and there *is* no free will.

Such a belief would imply a distrust in the
ability of decisions made by individual beings
within that universe, individuals who have free
will, to make decisions that are perfect.

I have no problem conceiving of a universe that
runs on the operating system of karma + free will
that is nonetheless perfect. Can you?