--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I predict the plan to make vedic city, iowa a pilgrimage
> center for hindus will be even more successful than MMY's
> plan to make (doug henning's) vedaland more popular than
> disneyworld, though not as successful as his plan to make
> hagelin president.

A fairly safe prediction. :-)

I wonder whether one of the major factors involved in
the failure of these ideas is the near-total lack of
familiarity on the part of Maharishi and the TMO
higher-ups with the common people they think they are
appealing to.

I mean (a question for those of you who might know),
how long has it *been* since Maharishi met someone
face to face who does not practice TM and who has
the money to buy their way into his presence?  Ten
years? Fifteen years?  Longer?  All that time, as
far as I know, the *only* people he has interfaced
with are the Truest of the True Believers, complete
Yes-men and Yes-women who *share* his disdain for
and distance from the common people of the planet.

The *arrogance* of it all is not unlike George W.
Bush pretending to understand and care about the
problems of the middle class in America. Bush not
only knows nothing about them; chances are that
he hasn't even *talked* with any of them in his
entire life. He's *famous* for wanting to be
surrounded only by people of his "class."

These projects are meant to appeal to Maharishi's
*fantasies* of what people are like and what they
want, not what people are really like and what
they want. No wonder they don't work. As Jimi
Hendrix once sang:

And so castles made of sand
slip into the sea, eventually