--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, foufou_fl <no_reply@> wrote:

> > this,

> > an

> > > I thought the latter was synonomous with the former two.
> >
> > The former are typically homophobes, yes, but you
> > can be just a plain ol' homophobe without being
> > either.
> >
> > I mean, you could be right, but I can't recall
> > hearing any of that other stuff from feste.
> > It was an unpleasant surprise to find out he's
> > homophobic.
> >

> I think it interesting that foufou_fl (re:anon_astute_whatever)
> really likes all kinds of labeling ....
>
> JohnY

Usually its of ideas. I try to refrain from lableing people.

For example, I termed some of your ideas "imbecillic",I believe. Would
you rather I be less precise, more ambiguous?

I guess I was a bit lax above, "I was shocked to find that feste is a
creationist -- or at least  an intelligent design deist pseudo scientist."

I have should said "I was shocked to find that feste expousing a
creationist POV -- or at least that of an intelligent design deist
pseudo scientist."

Its best to focus on ideas not the person.

I am curious as to your hangup with "labels" aka descriptors,
adjectives, etc. I find the more precisely one can describe or
articulate a view, or a view of another's ideas, it adds to clarity
and communication.

Would your my comments on your ideas rather be along the lines of,
"um, ah, I like sort of dig your idea. But sort of don't. Like its
kind of cool, but like I think you may like want to think it over
again like in your mind because there were like parts of it man that
like .... what was I talking about?"