--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I'll let you two talk. You seem convinced that
> > you "know" what everyone is "really" saying,
> > so it's kinda irrelevant for them to actually
> > say anything.  :-)
>
> Thanks for making it really clear now anyway.;-)

Michael, I actually appreciate much of what you have
to say. And, *unlike you*, I *respect* your spiritual
path. You do *not* respect mine.

If you go back and look at the recent threads in which
we have exchanged views, I have *gone out of my way* to
say that I felt your path was just *fine*. I did *not*
try to put it down as lesser than mine, or lesser on
some imaginary cosmic scale than any other. I merely
presented some alternative points of view on the
subjects we were discussing.

You, on the other hand, seem to be so *threatened*
by these alternative points of view that you go into
reactive mode, and seem compelled to put my particular
point of view down. Think about your first posts to me
after my weekend away. You *started* by (in your own
words) making a couple of "nasty side remarks."

I think that bhakti and a devotional approach to
the spiritual path are just *neat*, *for the people
for which they are appropriate*. You seem to be one
of those people. I wish you well with your chosen
path. But I don't think it's going to take you very
far if your first reaction to someone who doesn't
share your approach is to attempt to put their point
of view down as "lesser" than yours, and say outright
that something is *wrong* with them and "missing"
from their life if they don't think the way that
you do.

That's spiritual elitism, dude, not some kind of
spiritual "truth." If you got past it, it might be
fun to have discussions with you. But you show no
indication that you *can* get past it, and discuss
ideas as merely ideas, without the weighting of
"better" and "best."