It's *not* some-
> thing that only happens to the "holy" or the "pure"
> or those who "follow all the rules." Sometimes it
> happens to just the weirdest people in the world,
> for no other reason than it just happens to them.

Yeah, one thing that has been discussed here at length is the
endless diversity of experiences people go through on their way to
awakening. The reason I stuck with TM forever was that I found I
didn't have to follow anyone's rules when doing it, so I have
continued to live a quietly unorthodox life, and though the
challenges have been great, so have the rewards.

>From the time I could think, I have approached each situation as
either something I should do, unless I could personally think of a
reason not to, or, something I should not do, unless I could
personally think of a reason to do it. In other words, I've never
taken anything for granted, nor had much respect for rules imposed
externally.

Allows for a much freer life, though I've also learned that the
amount of freedom exercised is absolutely equal to the amount of
responsibility taken.