--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- sparaig wrote:
> >
> > --- Gillam wrote:

> > > So I may need to change my belief that Maharishi is
> > > acting the way any entrepreneur would, expecting
> > > his products and services to be lapped up by a hungry
> > > public. If MMY were merely motivated by the entrepreneur's
> > > certainty that his offering is great, he'd have given up when
> > > it became evident that people didn't care. Instead, MMY has
> > > all these plans whose unfolding is irrelevant, so he rolls out
> > > plan after plan with no thought to actually making them happen.
> >
> > Actually, the most sucessful entrepreneurs (unlike any ole one)
do just
> > that: throw out countless ideas until one "sticks."
>
> What I'm taking away from this conversation is, entrepreneurs
> want their enterprises to succeed, but the enlightened just act,
> without attachment to the result.
>
> I was willing to ascribe Maharishi's cheerful pursuit of bad ideas
> to the this-idea-can't-miss attitude I've seen in people launching
> new products and services. I was incined to equate his behavior
> to that I've seen in ordinary mortals, if you will -- the
unenlightened.
> But now that I think about it -- or better yet, read other people's
> thoughts, saving me the trouble of thinking on my own --
> Maharishi's steady supply of unrealistic plans and goofy optimism
> sounds more like that of an enlightened person flowing with the
> idea du jour than that of an entrepreneur lusting for the payoff.

There's nothing unenlightened about working as hard as possible to
fulfill a plan or goal. MMY seems to apply unequal measures of hard
work to various plans or goals he comes up with. This may be due to
some intellectual evaluation of each plan/goal, or due to some
intuitive "go with the flow" thing, or perhaps, a bit of both.