> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <no_reply@> wrote:
> <snip>
> Now
> > suddenly everybody here is full of respect for bhakti, why otherwise
> > this topic *never* comes up in any of your or Irmelis posts. Love of
> > Guru, appreciation of a teaching, dedication to a certain cause is
> > without exception ridiculed here on this board by people like you.
>
> Not only that, but frequently people are ridiculed as
> True Believers *because their intellectual arguments
> are better*.  Rather than go to the trouble of
> rebutting an argument that supports a point of view
> that challenges the True NON-Believers' ideas, the
> TNBs slap the TB label on those presenting the
> argument as if that automatically rendered it null and
> void.

In addition, the same people who use this term constantly, and
obviously show no appreciation of traditional values of Guru disciple
relationship, talk about topics like 'mind-mapping' as if this was
some kind of exotic technique. (I don't like the term 'mind-mapping',
I'd rather call it 'heart-mapping', because that's what it really is).
Yet, this whole depends on surrender, trust and appreciation of the
Guru *once he has been selected* (Of course you may question and test
your Guru in all possible ways *before* becoming a disciple). Trust,
confidence are matters of the heart, and not of logical deduction. It
also means that you value matters of mystical experience, and internal
association higher than outward appearances, which is often the
subject of tests. Therein lies a certain strenghth of trusting ones
own experiences and intuition, and giving up one's own egoistic desires.