> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > 0> > I did say in that in the early stages there may be
> > >
> > > What if that "automatic cycle" is NEVER established? Does this
> mean
> > > that someone is doing it "incorrectly?"
> > >

> > I guess many people who for instance see different colours when
> they
> > hear sounds of different pitches think that everybody has that
> > gift. My TM-instructor said, as I recall it, that some people have
> > "echo-mantra", and for them TM is especially easy to learn,
because
> > there certainly is absolutely no effort when they
> > are meditating.
>
> Just for the record, it was some months after I learned
> to meditate that it began to be completely effortless.
> I'm not sure what "echo-mantra" is, or whether I "have"
> it even now, but I seriously doubt I "had" it when I
> started.
>
> Also, to clarify something: To this day, I don't
> always have 100 percent effortless meditations all
> the way through a meditation session by any means;
> and as I've described elsewhere, I had a period of
> some months awhile back in which meditation always
> had some subtle effort.
>
> What I'm contending is that only when TM is 100
> percent effortless is one actually practicing TM.
> So in a given session, I may be practicing TM only
> for a portion of that session.

I would say, rather, that as long as you have the understanding that
no effort is *required*, that your practice of TM, no matter if 100%
effortless, or only 97.3% effortless (or whatever), is still a valid
TM session. Assigning value judgements to your practice isn't the
best way to spend your time...