--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How Turquoise loves knocking down his straw man! I don't know
> anyone in the TM movement who thinks like this. People are much
> more intelligent than he seems to think.

<snip>
> > environments. The first reaction to a bad situation
> > happening is always going to be, "This isn't really
> > happening, because it *can't*. These kinds of things
> > just aren't supposed *to* happen."

Feste, I disagree with you.  I think virtually
everyone's reaction to a bad situation--especially
when violence is involved--is that it can't really
be happening.

Some people are quicker to come out of that state of
shock than others, like the student who grabbed Sem
after both assaults, while everybody else stands
around temporarily paralyzed and disbelieving.