On Mar 22, 2006, at 6:41 AM, Peter wrote:

> David Lynch has made a career out of producing weird
> films that people think are profound. I find his films
> to be mildly psychotic and extremely tamasic for the
> most part. He is a disturbed man and his films reflect
> his schizoid personality disorder. The fact that the
> TMO has latched its public legitimacy to this weird
> dude is quite sad. I'm sure that Bevan and most of the
> TMO has not viewed any of his films. Watch
> "Eraserhead" and note the sattvic influence this has
> on you!

I have to concur. We originally rented this on VHS years ago and
began watching it at night. It had such a strong tamasic effect on
both of us, we stopped the tape and watched the rest the following
day at noon. That's the only way I could watch it.

Someone here had linked to a video of a demo tour Lynch,  Hagelin and
Fred Travis were doing at various college campuses. It was humorous,
but also bizarre. You couldn't help but notice Lynch seemed like a
Frankenstein character, and when they began wiring this TMer with an
EEG you fully expected Lynch to beseech Egor/Hagelin to go to the
roof and adjust the lightning rod for the approaching storms. The
only thing missing was the screaming female. Lynch also mentioned, in
recalling his own benefits with TM, how at one time he had a real
hard time being around other people and that TM had made that more
manageable. It seemed to hint at some underlying pathology that is
somewhat obvious already in both his speech and his mannerisms.
Anyways, one hopes he is healing on some level.