> > I don't know how many "elite" people the posters who
> > are coming up with these theories have talked to
> > lately, but among the ones I know, nothing on Earth
> > could possibly be considered more passé, old, *not*
> > in vogue, or downright embarrassing to be part of
> > than TM. It has all the allure and sexiness of being
> > Presbyterian.
> >
> > The people who are looking for the "spiritually hip"
> > thing to do just *ain't* gonna consider TM. To believe
> > that they might if we just dress it up nice and charge
> > more for it is just an indication of how far out
> > of touch the TM movement is.
>
> Heh. You know all the elite of the world?

Well, no, but he doesn't have to, because those
he knows are *representative*, you see, whereas
those you and I know are not; plus which, he knows
a *lot* more of these elite people than we do.  I
mean, Barry is among the elite of those who know
elite people.

So he can speak with perfect confidence about all
those who are looking for the "spiritually hip"
thing to do.