--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "claudiouk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Elites/rich people are typically penny pinchers. They go out of
> their way to save the odd dollar.

Uh huh. Thats why they shop at Nordstroms and stay at $500 / night
hotels.

I am not saying they are not looking of a "deal" but its of theorder
of saving 15% on a case of $150/bottle Merlot.

> They
> want also the "badges" of the elite - designer labels etc to
> demonstrate that money is no object when it comes to show their
> appreciation of "quality" and celebrate their "belonging" to a
> priviledged group.

Um, but they penny pinch when doing so, right?

> The trouble, for MMY, is that whilst TM may
> represent "quality" so do other techniques such as Buddhist ones,
> now also boasting scientific validation; moreover there is a global
> traditional "culture" of spirituality that is clearly at odds with
> the materialism of the TMO, which therefore makes it suspect. And as
> others have pointed out, as soon as anyone investigates the TMO's
> public image there are not one but a huge number  of things that are
> off-putting. The TMO is just not "cool", it's downright embarassing.

And you are 100% certain this will be the case in ten years, when the
new wave of Lynch (and other) funded research MAY be published in
premier journals, gorgeous real good-vibe peace palaces MAY be in
every wealthy neighborhood, and neo-TM teachers MAY be from "elite"
families, socialy connected  and adept, and dripping with ojas and
peacefulness, doing program 6-8 hours a day?

> If attracting the elite was the objective then it would have made
> sense to get elite advice on how to do this.

Um, getting several hundred people willing to pay one million seems
like a darn good focus group to me.

> The reason so many of
> us are baffled,

the non-elites, right?

> I think, is that the whole unfolding of the TMO and
> its activities seems uninformed, mindless and counterproductive.

And you have been there in the planning sessions when this unfolded?
You are 100% certain there is no substance to M.'s 50-100 years plans
for the org?

> The
> only thing that makes any overall sense

sense to to you, right? Not sense in an objective sense,right?

> is the "money-grabbing
> tunnel-vision" interpretation;

And yours is NOT a tunnel-vision" interpretation?

> and a systematic avoidance of putting
> the large pundit groups effect to the test (MMY could have done it
> with his own resources decades ago).

You know this as 100% certain, and you know all of the tradeoffs and
factors involved inthe decision? Glad to see TM as made you so
arrogance-free.

>There is too much ignorance and
> denigration of what good already exists around

around this post?

> - beautiful buildings
> and cities, democratic principles, human rights, musical and visual
> sophistication, sublime spiritual icons.

> In their place wooden,
> ridiculous, robotic figures are exaulted as infallible authority
> figures

You know the rajas personally? Now? I saw a video of Raja Felix. He
did a good job, mannerism wise -- not wooden at all. Bright, corgial,
humerous, relaxed. And his wife was quite beautiful,graceful, and down
to earth.

> who seem as unspiritual

again, you hang with the rajas and have a basis for a cogent opinion?

>This doesn't seem a good return on such personal investment  for
> anyone, let alone an "elite"!

Well, lucky for you, you are not an elite and won't have to make that
decisions.