> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
> <shempmcgurk@>

> > > The thought HAS occured to me from time to time...
> >
> > There is probably the basis of a valid aphorism
> > in this exchange:
> >
> > "You know you've become a cultist when you spend
> > more time defending what you believe than you do
> > practicing it."
>
> Actually it isn't a valid aphorism; it's malformed
> when you examine it closely.
>
> Where TM is concerned, the last part would have
> to read, "when you spend more time defending your
> belief that practicing TM is good for you than you
> do practicing TM."
>
> But then the first part doesn't work, because
> believing that practicing TM is good for you isn't
> a cultist view.
>
> Back to the drawing board, Barry.  Just putting
> words together in a way that sounds profound
> if you don't look at them too closely does not a
> valid aphorism make.
>
> One of your worst intellectual failings is your
> penchant for reifying your words.  You tend to
> assume that if your words sound elegant, that
> means they're describing something real.  But
> more often than not, they don't.

On the topic of "Some People Are Too Insane
To Notice They're Insane, Much Less Change,"
in the 24 hours since it was revealed that
Judy spends at least 50% of her posting time
on FFL obsessing on Barry, here's how she's
done since then:

Number of posts to Fairfield Life:   6

Number of those posts that were
intended to harass Barry:            4

Percentage of posting time spent
obsessing on Barry:                  67%

In other words, Judy's obsession is getting
worse, not better.  At this rate, within a
week she'll be up to doing nothing on FFL
*but* trying to insult me.  Vaj, eat your
heart out...you just ain't got enough Shiva
Shakti to attract the *real* groupies.  :-)