> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
<snip>
> > Over at www.capitolhillblue.com Doug Thompson posted an article
> > on how he doesn't buy into the idea that 9-11 was an inside job.
> > He was rebuked by quite a number of his supporters.
> >
> > It is interesting to note that some of the emergency call voice
> > tapes released today for 9-11 have people calling about a
> > explosions.
>
> Gee.
>
> A 727 crashes into a skyscraper.  A loud noise ensues.
>
> People in the proximity hear this loud noise.  But because they
> were going about their own business and weren't necessarily looking
> up at the sky at that exact moment they aren't aware that the loud
> noise resulted from a 727 flying into a building.
>
> Being the responsible citizens that they are, they call in to
> inform the authorities of a loud noise.
>
> Yeah, this is really suspicious and most certainly suggest a
> conspiracy.

Shemp, be a good idea for you to inform yourself before
you spout off.  There were many reports of explosions;
none of them, as far as I'm aware, were from people on the
street who heard the planes strike but weren't aware of
what had actually happened.  At least, if there were any
such calls, they haven't been publicized, because they'd
be perfectly understandable mistakes.

Some of the calls from inside the buildings that reported
explosions can be explained as people hearing the planes
strike and thinking they'd heard an explosion, but many
other people have described explosions *before* the strikes
(including some quite detailed ones of an explosion in the
basement of the north tower); *after* the strikes but
well before the collapses; and right *before* the collapses.
A number of these reports are of explosions well below the
level where the planes hit (in one case, on the 7th and 8th
floors).

Some of these can no doubt be explained as well just by
the general confusion and unreliability of memory.  But
not all of them by any means.

There are also spikes in the seismic data that don't
correlate with either the plane strikes or the building
collapses.

The "inside job" theorists have done an enormous amount
of homework on all this.  I'm not personally convinced
by it, but not because there are obvious alternative
explanations for the host of strangenesses involved;
for many, there aren't.   There may *be* explanations,
but they aren't obvious.