--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anon_couscous_ff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<no_reply@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > First, "he did find consistent physiological differences
between
> > > TMers who reported 24/7 witnessing and those who didn't"  does
not
> > > establish that those reporting 24/7 eperiences actaully are. Or
that
> > > they ARE cc as defined by MMY.
> >
> > Well, if there's a consistent physiological state found in TM
that is
> > greatly enhanced during periods associated in self-reports of
> > samadhi, and that same pattern is found superimposed on people
who
> > report long-term (months or years at a time) "witnessing 24/7"
but
> > not in people who don't report such periods, which, BTW,  fits
MMY's
> > definition of CC or at least the beginnings of CC, this seems
> > indicative of some consistency between theory, physiology, and
> > internal states.
>
> yes, "some" indication. It does not establish  that those reporting
> 24/7 eperiences actaully are.

Any more than dream researchers doing the same thing can establish
that someone reporting having dreams actually is...

> > > Second, it is more strange if someone is practicing TM for 30
years
> > > and NOT to have some clear and extended periods of
Consciousness
> > being
> > > conscious of itself.
> >
> > "extended" meaning months and years at a time in this case.
> >
> >  The issue that Vaj is apparently pointing out,
> > > and that I have previously, is that there appears to be a quick
jump
> > > from some  extended periods of Consciousness being conscious of
> > itself
> > > -- or even just momentary during discussions, to being in
Brahman
> > > Consciousness -- brahma-chetana or beyond. And not much
discussion
> > of
> > > the transition from a sustained dual state to the non-dual
state.

> > > And some apparent muddled expositions of non-dual states -- with
> > > dual-state charaacteristics.
> > >

> > > Its for these two reasons, and others, that raise the
possibilities
> > of
> > > sematic differences, and misinteretation of experiences as
something
> > > more than they are. Its not clear that such people DO  fit the
> > > definition of those states or the experience.
> > >

> > MMY's simple test for someone in Brahman Chetana is: "can they
float?"

> Yes, thats an interesting one. I have heard him say others "clear
> ritam is the acid test for cc" and even at one point flying and
> othersidhis are the test of cc.

I would think having some flavor of a sidhi (e.g. spontaneous
hopping) would be indicative of CC (witnessing along with activity),
and perhaps the "real" CC of "no-return" would be indicated by
floating during sutra practice though perhaps one could float before
that time at least briefly, if not for the entire yogic flying
practice-time.

> But some in the neo-satsong crowd disgard this is non-sense, "you
> expect too much", "let go of your expectations", "MMY is wrong",
> "there are 100 billion flavors of enlightenment" "define your own
> characteristics of enlightenment"etc.

Sure, and perhaps they're right, but MMY's definitions are his own,
and if you use his language without making it clear that you're not
using his definitions, you're being, at the least, self-deceptive.