<snip>
> > > If you ever watch the videos of the early days of the yogic
> > > flying olympics, the most intersting looking hops were those
> > > that occured while the contestents were waiting for the signal
> > > to compete.
> >
> > Never saw that.  What was "interesting" about them?
>
> They were so effortless looking you'd almost swear they were
> floating for a split second, unlike the long hops, high hops, etc.,
> even though they often weren't nearly as high or as far.

I've seen videos of hopping that wasn't in connection
with a competition that looked as though the guys weighed
about half what should for their size, but I didn't
interpret this as floating per se.  Just very, very
light, which I guess does translate into effortlessness.
There just didn't seem to be any pauses at the apex of
the hops.