> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > I was also wondering what exactly was so spiritually
> > transformative about observing levitation- I mean if
> > it really happened.
>
> Finally, a point worth dealing with.
>
> It's because it makes you deal with your own
> perceptions and analyze them in a way that most
> people never have to or get to.
>
> Let's say you see something like levitation,
> and no one else is around. But you saw it.
> NOW you've got something interesting going
> on for you that you didn't have the day before.
> You have an experience that you can NEVER, in
> any circumstance, convince others that it
> happened, or was true. It's subjective. If a
> video camera had been there at the time you
> saw it, it might have recorded what you saw
> and it might not. You'll never know.
>
> All you know is that you saw what you saw.
>
> Now you get to deal with that, and decide
> whether to trust your own experience or not.
> That's a remarkable gift, in my opinion.
> Most people don't ever get to deal with it,
> certainly not those whose closest relationship
> to paranormal phenomenona is reading about them.
>
> Having such an experience doesn't make you any
> better than anyone else. Having to DEAL WITH
> having had such an experience, IMO, makes one
> a bit more interesting. Those are the kinds of
> people I'm looking for to have conversations
> with.
>
> There are a few people here on FFL who have
> had such subjective experiences, whether it be
> of odd phenomena or their own subjective exper-
> iences of higher states of consciousness.  I like
> dealing with them *because* I can identify with
> the changes that their subjective experiences and
> learning to trust them have put them through.
>
> The rest of the people strike me as pretty boring,
> actually. I mean, LOOK at them! THEIR approach to
> levitation and such things is that they want it
> to be a scientific, measurable phenomenon so that
> there is NO challenge to them when they finally
> observe it -- it;ll bee just like everything else
> in their lives.  Fuckin' wimps, if you ask me...  :-)
>
> And that's that on that subject. You can go back
> to trashing me now...  :-)

Here's some trash for you, LeRoy:

You could get all the same results you list above by going to see a
magic act...and you could do that for about the price of a theatre
ticket -- say, $50.00 -- instead of becoming a cult member and
devoting yourself to a lost cause.

How long were you in the Lenz cult, Barry?