--- Alex Stanley wrote:

> the joys of the relative have not returned to the
> overshadowing glory they used to be. Erotically, I'm still dead.
> Enjoyment of food returned only a little bit. Gazing with Waking Down
> teachers used to be experientially delicious, and now it is flat.
> Basically, I'm bored stiff and this body feels like a prison.

I had a period when life had nothing to offer. Human
beings seemed like little more than shit factories.
After three months, I grew tired of it. I reaffirmed
my belief that life is founded in bliss. I subscribed
to Daily Word and read its affirmations. Life regained
its sparkle because I willed it to. But first I had to
decide the alternative was too tiresome.

Our experiences undoubtedly spring from different
causes and call for different responses, but that's my
story. I wish you the best of luck.

Daily Word — Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Completion
My faith in God is full and complete.

A career change, a move to a new home, a retirement, or a graduation may signal the end
of one stage of life and the beginning of another. Before embarking on the new course my
life is taking, I take a moment to reflect on the completion of this phase and on God's
spirit that brought me to this turning point.

I give thanks for the spirit of God that has been my guide and inspiration. I release the
past, forgive where necessary, and rest in the awareness of God's spirit within me.

It may seem that the experiences of life test how strong my faith is, but it is my assurance
of God's loving support that grows stronger each day. Bringing a segment of life to its
completion ensures that I am ready for the next phase. My faith is full and complete.

"You know that the testing of your faith produces endurance; and let endurance have its
full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking in nothing."—James 1:3-4