--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "mahdeealoo" <mahdeealoo@>
wrote:

> > In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk" <shempmcgurk@>
wrote:
> > > But I have a question for you: Assuming for just a moment that
> > > these accusations were true, how would that change your
practise
> > > of TM?
> >
> > Assuming that I still meditate, his personal life has nothing to
> > do with my spiritual development. Never has, never will.
>
> IMO, that's a very healthy attitude. All too often people set
> themselves up for severe disappointment when they put the spiritual
> teacher up on a pedestal and worship him/her as a superhuman
God/Goddess.

...which was the point of my question.  Indeed, I wonder how many
TBers would actually stop their practise of TM if they became
convinced or were told of MMY alleged sexual exploits...and if they
did, then I suggest they really weren't doing TM but some sort of
Bhakti practise and were, essentially, off the program...