> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>
> wrote:

> previous

> > > I was surprised when you reacted so strongly to my message.
> > > It was not meant to offend you, quite the opposite.
> >
> > Here's what you wrote:
> >
> > "Nice to hear from you Judy. I look back on the AMT days as an
> > important experience for me.  There were times when I felt
> > misunderstood and very frustrated, but that stressful dynamic was
> the
> > reason I kept at it so long.  It was incredibly useful for me to
> > articulate my thoughts about the movement in such detail, and it
> never
> > would have happened without me being so pissed off at your
> messages."
> >
> > Please explain the basis on which you believe I
> > should have taken this as a sincere compliment.
>
> Curtis:
>
> Do yourself and everyone else on this forum a favour and don't
> respond to her.

(Note that Curtis *asked* me to explain my
reaction to what he wrote.  See the quote from
his post at the very end.)

> It is SO evident to all that this is a sincere compliment.  Judy
> can't see it.   Everyone else can.

I'm happy to read anyone's explanation of
exactly what they think Curtis was complimenting
me on (including his).  If "everyone" can see it,
there should be a whole bunch of responses.

> All that's going to happen to you if you respond to her is that you
> WILL end up angry, resentful and negative.

If you'd been reading my posts, you would know
that I've been trying to discourage Curtis from
pursuing this, to no avail.

I strongly suspect that his inability to come
up with any specific reason I should feel
complimented will do the trick of ending the
discussion, though.