> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
> <shempmcgurk@>

> <snip>

> > the

> > > You haven't been paying attention, Shemp.  Please
> > > review the correspondence here between Curtis and me.
> >
> > I've read it all, Judy, and like virtually everyone else who has
> > weighed in on it, I think you were incredibly rude and snide to
him
> > while he was not only civil towards you but reconciliatory.
>
> Actually I think you're the only one to voice that
> conclusion.

Huh?

I've read several people stating that they felt he was positive to
you.

> If you had read my very first post to him, you'd know
> I gave him *major* benefit of the doubt that he had
> changed.

You were very civil and nice to him, yes.

> And if you had read my other posts--including the
> one you quote above!--you'd know that I don't
> believe he *was* paying me a compliment or being
> reconciliatory--to the contrary.  So your whole
> premise makes no sense.

I know you don't believe that he was paying you a compliment.
That's obvious!  If you believed he was paying you a compliment you
wouldn't have been so snotty towards him.

It's just that no one agrees with you.

>   I was
> > holding back on joining this unanimous chorus because I thought
> > you'd come to your senses once I reminded you of your double
> > standard but I was wrong.
>
> Your "unanimous chorus" exists only in your mind,
> Shemp.  It consists of two people who said they
> thought Curtis had paid me a compliment, period.

Uh, last time I looked those two plus me IS a unanimity if there are
ZERO on the other side.

> Obviously there's no "double standard" if I think
> John has changed but Curtis has not.

There is a double standard if you don't hold Curtis to the same
standard, which you didn't.