> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
> > <fairfieldlife@> wrote:

> > > A friend of mine once told me how mortified he was when his
> > > dentist started asking him about TM during a treatment,
> > > because he (my friend) wasn┬╣t wearing a suit and tie.
> >
> > Hah. :-)
> >
> > But let's face it, someone who has never been a
> > teacher or lived in a TM community is just never
> > going to get the level of fear that the movement
> > exerts over people. Give it up. They'd prefer to
> > believe their fantasies.
>
> I lived in a TM community for nine months back in
> 1994-95, the one in the Berkeley-Carteret Hotel in
> Asbury Park.  I've written about the experience
> extensively, including on this forum, so Barry is
> well aware of that fact.
>
> Never once did I experience any "fear" over what
> the TMO might "do to me."
>
> Oh, and I was a regular participant on alt.m.t
> throughout that period.

I agree-- I worked for the TMO 3 times for a little less than two
and a half years total (1977-1981).

Though the power trips that some of the governors were on were
magnified because everyone lived together, no one ever tried to make
me afraid, or instill fear in me.

Also, the one time I cut my hand in the kitchen and needed a doctor,
I went to the emergency room immediately with no problem. Maybe for
governors it was different.

...The money wasn't great lol, and I really grew to dislike
zucchini...overall though, it was a positive experience for me.