> I would say that Ann Coulter is unique in many ways. Did you
> catch her on The Daily Show? She is quie unsubtle in her sense
> of humor, or a brilliant (and I do mean the word literally)
> actress. Jon Steward ripped her up and down and sideways and
> she appeared oblivious to his attacks--at best, she appeared
> confused, but mostly oblivious.

I would say that goes along with the syndrome. If you
look into the history of the Neoconservatives, one of
the things that's most strking IMO is how closely they
parallel tyrants from other eras, such as 'Saint'
Dominic and his Inquisition. If you read his writings,
and between the lines, I think you'll get the feeling that
his thinking was remarkably like the thinking that has
been described as the genesis of the Neoconservative
movement. They *knew* that what they were saying was
a lie. They *knew* that all of their social and economic
theories were a lie. But they honestly felt that they
were *needed* lies, and that the people *had* to be fooled
into believing them.

IMO, *of course* she's oblivious. She's 'one-pointed.'
She cannot admit the possibility of another point of
view other than hers that is viable. So when one comes
up, especially if it starts making good points in public,
she 'tunes out.' She literally 'goes away,' to that safe
place within where she knows the Truth and they don't.

There are a lot of these people around these days. My
theory is that they all incarnated here and now because
there are an equal number of people who incarnated here
and how whose intent is to spread light, and these
particular creeps really don't *like* light.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM