I would like my comment to be separated from any connection with
evaluating Jim personally.  In my communications he has passed the
much more important test in my world of being a nice, sincere guy.

I thought the Vedic System of MMY included the Yoga Sutras as the
tests for consciousness. At least that is how he presented it to us.
They were markers on the path, like belts in martial arts.  It seems
reasonable that the criteria included in the system should be met.
Enlightened people may or may not have math abilities, but the sutras
are real specific in the abilities that they are supposed to manifest.
 For all the minimizing of these abilities as "normal" they are
clearly beyond the range of abilities that have been demonstrated in
any kind of controlled setting.  With MMY's fascination with PR (he
had demonstrations of hopping many times), I find it unlikely that any
of his minions can pull off any of the externally verifiable
abilities.  If they could, I think MMY would have them on a continuous
tour and I think I can guess what the tickets would cost.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM