> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
wrote:

> > Agreed. The point I enjoy making over and over here on FFL is
> > Enlightenment is available to all of us, not just the members
> > of some spiritual orthodoxy that we invent for ourselves. We
> > are neither higher nor lower than any of the Enlightened beings
> > out there.
>
> Exactly. In my opinion, those who place some supposedly
> enlightened person on a pedestal are doing themselves
> (not to mention themSelves) a disservice. The higher the
> pedestal we place the supposedly enlightened on, the
> further the imagined "distance" between them and us is,
> and the further away enlightenment seems.

Another way to look at it, from the seeker's point of view, is that
the psychology begins to reflect the natural realization after some
time of meditating that the self is surrendering to the Self (albeit
kicking and screaming in most cases...). This then gets rationalized
by the mind.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM