> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> >
> > I would like my comment to be separated from any connection with
> > evaluating Jim personally.  In my communications he has passed the
> > much more important test in my world of being a nice, sincere guy.
> >
> > I thought the Vedic System of MMY included the Yoga Sutras as the
> > tests for consciousness. At least that is how he presented it to us.
> > They were markers on the path, like belts in martial arts.  It seems
> > reasonable that the criteria included in the system should be met.
>
> Well, duh...he was *selling* them for thousands of dollars.  :-)
>
> More seriously, yes I think you're correct that he seems
> to hold the siddhis up as some kind of 'standard' for
> enlightenment, but he is one of the only spiritual
> teachers I've encountered who does. Without exception,
> all of the others I've seen personally have said just
> the opposite, that there is no connection whatsoever
> between the ability to manifest siddhis and enlightenment.
> Just FYI.

Of course, that's not what he says.

What he (MMY) says is that UNLESS you are able to do the siddhis, you can't
claim Unity,
not that the ability to [at least occassionally] do a siddhi means that you are
in Unity.

He also says that perfection of any of the sidhis means that all are perfected,
but aside
from a few famous avatars, how many people have ever been said to be perfect in
any
way?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM