--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, gimari03 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tks Doug!
>
> Your offer of assistance is appreciated.
> I agreed to try to locate the document about the Initiator recertification
> course for
> someone.
>
> Otherwise, am not researching TMO nor FF for anything.  I grew up in the
> movement,
> initiated as a child in the Olsen's house in '60s.  As a teen, I moved to FF
> in 1974(?) w/
the
> chartered flight from MIU Santa Barbara, left FF in 1988.  I remain in
> contact w/ some
> FFers.
> I always enjoy visting.  Maybe can arrange to visit annually for a week.
>
> At another request, I presented about my TM upbringing at the recent
> conference the
> "International Cultic Studies Association"  ICSA.  The presentation was
> videoed.  I've not
> seen the video/DVD yet.  It was NOT a formal presentation.  I did NOT discuss
> the
> movement nor TM per se... only MY experience of my upbringing within the TMO.

Qh, well:

Patrick L. Ryan -Cultic Studies Review,  Editorial Board;
AFF Webmaster
Patrick Ryan, a former member of Transcendental Meditation, has been a Thought
Reform
Consultant since 1984.

He is Editor of AFF News: Recovery Information About Cults And Psychological
Manipulation and designs and implements AFF's Internet Web site.

He is the founder and former head of TM-EX, the organization of ex-members of
TM.

He has contributed to AFF's book, Recovery From Cults, and has presented
programs
about hypnosis and trance-induction techniques at several AFF workshops
conferences.

In 1997, he received the AFF Achievement Award.