> On Jul 2, 2006, at 6:34 PM, Rick Archer wrote:
>

> > At the start of my 6-month course, Maharishi said, "I have 6
months
> > to turn you into yogis." He had us doing lots of asanas, taking
> > cold baths, fasting, sitting in meditation without back support
> > (which he strongly recommended), etc. The impression he gave
was,
> > OK, enough of this slouchy softy business. Time to get serious.
> > Another thing he said was, "it's a race to see who can purify
the
> > fastest." _
>

> Perhaps without the direct influence of a teacher these key
> instructions have fallen by the wayside. I would also've liked to
> have seen more skillful purification practices make there way
into
> advanced TM routines (other than 'just plain ole tapas'). They can
be
> profoundly healing on so many levels, even the physical.

Sitting, slouching, even lying down sometimes during TM is good
enough. No need for rigorous postures. These may occur naturally
anyway, during practice, or during TM-Sidhis, but no need to enforce
them at all. The technique is powerful enough to take care of all of
this.

As the Self becomes more well known and well integrated, everything
will find its place during practice. No need to stress certain
things during the correct practice of TM. For other techniques, this
may be desirable, but not for TM. As the man says, 'take it easy;
take it as it comes.'