On Jul 8, 2006, at 4:20 PM, sparaig wrote:

On Jul 8, 2006, at 12:29 PM, new.morning wrote:

I deleted this post a few minutes after sending it, seeing that Spraig

did respond with a link of cites (a bit of a shotgun) some of wich

possibly support the SA articles point.

Possibly. TB's are great at posting such BS, I'd be very careful. A

common pattern really among many fundamentalists: dazzle with the BS.

Unlike people who claim to beable to self-induce complete brain-death temporarily?

LOL, not that's not a claim. Keep in mind true brain death would also include no cerebral perfusion.

Will have to wait to see the results as they become available. As of now there are few clear light meditators in the west to even do much research on this topic (as compared to basic meditation, where there are many subjects). And as you know, most funded research is interested in aimed groups of reproducible practitioners. It will be interesting to see what the future brings, but I'm not holding onto great hope for real large scale studies on this calibre of meditators who are really the 'olympic athletes of meditation'. They're few in number. However, just as a casual comment, I'd expect we'd see something similar to Ken Wilber's neurofeedback experiment, the nirvakalpa samadhi example: flat on alpha, flat on beta and flat on theta, but maxxed out on delta. (With mantra, ishta or yidam practice I'd expect witnessing artifact to be present.)