> > In a recent zogby poll 42% of those questioned felt the the
> government and the 9/11
> > commission were covering up the true story.
>
> And that means?

Only 45% felt that the 9/11 commissions findings were not a cover-up. It means
that
someone who's opinions are are supported by almost half the population doesn't
deserve
to be called a lunatic. I'm not saying he's right, but that his opinions do
deserve respect.

> An opinion about a proposition, particularly by people not well versed
> in the evidence, doesn't make the proposition more likely. For
> example: i)over 50% of americans at the time of the invasion of iraq
> thought  Saddam had something of substance to do with 9/11, or even
> orchestrated it himself; 2) take a poll on quantum mechanics basic
> findings, or any science, and 90% will beleive incorrect things; 3)
> watch Jay Leno's Jay Walk -- lots of people out there are quite
> ill-informed, illogical -- even dense.

In my experience the people who doubt the commission finding have looked into
the issue
much more deeply than those who accept it a face value.

> >I would say his views whether correct or not
> > are certainly not lunatic or fringe.
>
> Why? Did you hear his reasoning and evidence?

The fact that he is part of a growing movement of people that includes almost
half of the
public by definition means that he is not on the fringe and lessens the
likelyhood that he
is a lunatic.

> > Steven Jones professor of physics at Brigham Young U. has done
> extensive studies of the
> > destruction of the towers an makes an extremely convincing case for
> a precision
> > demolition.
> >Especially for tower seven which wasn't even hit by and airplane. He
> claim to
> > have found traces of thermite on steel beams from the towers, pretty
> much a smoking gun
> > for a professional demolition job. See:
> > http://www.physics.byu.edu/research/energy/htm7.html
>
> And no other possible explanation for this?

If it can be shown that the three towers were brough down by pre-postioned
charges, It
doesn't necessarily mean that the government was involved. I does make it
highly unlikely
that it was the result of a terrorist cell. There are only a handful of
companies in the world
that have the expertise to bring down down the three towers with the precision
that they
came down. Most people don't even know that a third tower collapsed. It doesn't
get much
attention because it didn't get hit by an airplane. All the more reason to
suspect that the
collapses were'nt cause by the plane impacts and subsequent fires. It would
require a
substancial committment of time to read the paper at the URL above. But if
knowing the
truth about what has happened is at all important to anyone they should make
the time. It
is not a conspiracy theory but a well reasoned challenge to the commission
report.

> How many in his or related
> professions agree that his evidence is conclusive, or even credible?

There is now an organization of scientists and engineers who question the
commonly
accepted story. They are professional who have a lot so loose by taking this
view, so they
don't do it lightly. There are also a number of high government officals who
question this
commonly accepted story, including former members of the Bush administration.

If people prefer to accept the commission findings that's fine. It's their
right. But if they
want to look at the evidence with an open mind, that is also a persons right.
The people
who present that evidence should not be called lunatics and be removed from his
job.

Perhaps I am motivated to defend him, because I lost my job and career because
expressed some perfectly reasonable views at MUM. They just didn't happen to be
consistent with the commonly accepted paradigm there.

Michael