> On Jul 9, 2006, at 9:22 PM, new.morning wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
<snip>
> >> It's a term I use fairly infrequently, and usually for brevity's
> >> sake. I realize some people have the time or interest to write
> >> long responses or relentless and endless posting on topics, I
> >> generally do not have such an interest. It seems a waste of
> >> time. I prefer conciseness.
> >
> > Hardly an excuse for falseness. Better to be concise and true than
> > concise and false.
>
> Thus my choice of concise and true.

No, that would be concise and egregiously false.

<snip>
> >> You are mistaking a literalist for a fundamentalist.
> >
> > First seach site, first paragraph:
> >
> > In comparative religion, fundamentalism has come to refer to
> > several different understandings of religious thought and
> > practice, through literal interpretation of religious texts such
> > as the Bible or the Qur'an and sometimes also anti-modernist
> > movements in various religions.
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamentalism
> >
> > OK. I am open to you substantiating non-literalist fundmentalists
> > as a a movement of substance, and not just something in your
> > mind. Make your case.
>
> I already gave my definition, I have nothing else to add.

Translation: Vaj screwed up but is too much of a
coward to admit it.

<snip>
> >> See the above. These are very parallel phenomenon but they are
> >> not identical phenomenon. This similarity becomes even more
> >> apparent when you actually see the political parties and streams
> >> of thought Mahesh Varma is associated with in his native
> >> country. It is also helpful to understand the parallels (and
> >> differences) between Vedic Science and Creation Science. These
> >> *are* parallel movements.
> >
> > While not accepting your premise outright, lets assume it is
> > true. How  does that possibly make Spraig or Judy TM
> > fundamentalists. Its a non-sequitur supreme.
>
> I'm not one for living in the past, but often--indeed many times--
> these patterns have repeated themselves here and elsewhere.

But not with Judy or Lawson, as Vaj well knows.

Again: This is an anti-TMer's thoroughly dishonest
smear of TMers.

> I could make it a point to point these patterns out as they arise

No, you couldn't.

> (which they likely will again)

They never have arisen.  You're perpetrating a
deliberate falsehood.

> if you are unable to do so yourself.
>
> Perhaps we should also draw a line between "radical TM
> fundamentalists" and just plain ole "TM fundamentalists" so as to
> not miss the occaisional critical comments mentioned by the former
> and occasionally the latter?

No, that wouldn't do the trick, as you well know,
Vaj.  Neither Lawson nor I begin to fit your definition
of even plain-vanilla TM fundamentalists.

Let's just remind ourselves of that definition:

> >> TM Fundamentalism is strict maintenance of fundamental
> >> doctrines of the ideology of TM, in this case TM, SCI,
> >> Maharishi's Vedic Science and other TM doctrine, including
> >> the extensive use of a scientific mythos and reliance on
> >> scientific jargon. This may often take the form of
> >> pseudoscientific literature and diagrams used as marketing
> >> PR and marketing spin ("TM tracts").

Vaj, here's a nice little "concise and true" label
for you: You are a liar.