<snip>
> I have no problem with any of these statements. Obviously the
> issue is the overall War on terrorism of which Iraq is a part of.
> There is  no accusation that Saddam was involved in the 911
> attacks.

You can't possibly be as dumb as you sound here.

The whole *point* is that they didn't make the
accusation overtly; they planted the idea in
people's minds by association.  The statements
were *designed* to make the suggestion without
explicitly saying something they knew wasn't true.

They were very carefully constructed so that dupes
like you could exclaim, "Oh, but he didn't actually
*say*..."

But there's no question they were intended to
mislead--there are too many of them along the
same lines to have been accidental--and that
they were successful in doing so.  There's
nothing else that could account for those poll
numbers I reported.

You claimed the idea that Saddam had been involved
in 9/11 was widespread immediately after the attacks.
It was not; it was *rare*.  But in the space of a
little over a year, it went up to 72 percent.  There
are quite a few polls asking similar questions
around that time and later, and every last one shows
a majority thinking Saddam was involved.