On Jul 11, 2006, at 8:20 AM, Alex Stanley wrote:

On Jul 11, 2006, at 4:35 AM, Mark wrote:

Is it possible that the criticism of TM, that it doesn't

accomplish

anything for many is because the Being by it's nature doesn't do

anything but must be enjoined with a relative agent such as a

mantra that would give It a relative focus. Mark _

There are a lot of reasons that TM would not work for a person but

they're probably similar or the same reasons other forms of

meditation might not work. IMO the most common reason is that the

person receiving the instruction, for whatever reason--their mental

makeup, their worldview, their state of mind, etc.-- *just doesn't

get it*. A constitutional disconnect.  It just doesn't click with

where they're at. And of course this can happen with any form of

meditation. In a case such as this, it may be advantageous to wait

until a certain span of time has passed and then be re-instructed.

The perspective of time can do wonders.

In my case, I simply reached a point where my mind would no longer

tolerate doing TM, so I stopped and moved on. My life focus took a

major turn for the better after Karunamayi's second visit to FF when I

started chanting the Gayatri Mantra. Everything just fell into place

after that.

That's amazing. Just goes to show that mantras are constitutional and what an excellent compass our own hearts can be.