On Jul 15, 2006, at 4:04 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"

<j_alexander_stanley@> wrote:

Personally, I have no need or desire for a guru or other

savior figure. But, there certainly is a very long tradition

of devotion to a guru, and it just struck me that being

devoted to MMY or Punditji is no different than MMY being

devoted to Guru Dev.

I would suggest that there is a difference. You

probably would never have seen the other disciples

of Guru Dev obsessing about former fellow disciples

who had moved on, and spending hours badrapping them.

That's a Western addition to "guru yoga," and IMO

it's not an improvement.

So who here is a disciple of Gurudev?

THAT is an example of the intentional desire to

mislead and deflect discussions Vaj was talking

about. No one on earth is stupid enough to have

gotten "folks here are disciples of Guru Dev"

from what I wrote.

The fact that several people on this list routinely attempt such deflection, almost continuously, should tell us something.