--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yet, no one has flown. No one is flying.
>
> This problem could have been avoided by simply not calling
> it "flying" or making the claims for "flying."
>
> I have the original print ads used by the TMO when they rolled this
> program out. They were fraught with untruth, as the succeeding
> decades have born out.
>
> And yet, the TMO continues to talk about "yogic flying."

I don't think it's all that surprising. I think
that Maharishi called them "flying" courses
because he expected people to fly. My "take"
on him is that if he can convince himself of
the validity of an idea, no matter how absurd
that idea may sound, he assumes that implement-
ing it is pretty much a done deal. "Well begun
is half done," and all that.

Plus, *we* all believed that we were going to
fly. C'mon now, guys...'fess up. :-)

And when you've said or done something that
outrageous, it's a little tough to back down
and say, "Ooops. I was wrong."

I'm in a weird category here on this forum.
I've seen what appeared to be real levitation,
possibly a hundred times over fourteen years.
So I'm convinced it can be done, well enough
that hundreds of people at a time can see it
and agree on what they saw.

But in my honest opinion what I witnessed
there, *whatever it was*, was not the same
phenomenon as bouncing on one's butt while
performing the TM siddhis. Completely different
energy profile, completely different results.

So I'll say it. I heard all the rumors, and
the official announcements (this was before
any printed announcements of the course). And
I paid my thousands of dollars because I really
believed that I was going to learn how to fly,
to levitate in mid air. Ooops. I was wrong.

But that doesn't mean that I was *intentionally*
misled by Maharishi or the TMO. I do *not*
believe that it was a con scheme. He honestly
believed that people would be hovering in mid
air in a course or two.

Ooops. He was wrong. But even though the siddhis
didn't do diddley for me, I don't feel that I
was conned in any way by the TMO. If there was
a con, I conned myself. I made the decision to
take the course. I came up with the money. No
harm, no foul.