> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "george_deforest"
> <george.deforest@> wrote:
> >
> > hello, fairfield friends and TMers all over.
> > i have created a Maharishi page on MySpace
> > (tribute pages are common over there)
> > tell me what you think!
> > and/or: join MS and add to friend list!
> >  ~  http://www.myspace.com/26622618  ~
> > ps - i dont visit Fairfield Life much anymore,
> > because i'm addicted to MySpace, LOL
> > peace, george (dardura108)
>
> I've never been to MySpace, and I'm sure
> it's fun, but just as an advisory, you
> should probably look into the agreement
> you signed to join up before posting any-
> thing there you might later want to publish
> yourself. The "fine print" says that MySpace
> (that is, Rupert Murdoch) owns the rights
> to anything posted there.

No, it doesn't.

>From MySpace.com's Terms of Service:

Proprietary Rights in Content on MySpace.com.

MySpace.com does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files,
images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, or
any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post to the
MySpace Services. After posting your Content to the MySpace Services,
you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Content, and you
continue to have the right to use your Content in any way you choose.
By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the
MySpace Services, you hereby grant to MySpace.com a limited license
to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and
distribute such Content solely on and through the MySpace Services.

Without this license, MySpace.com would be unable to provide the
MySpace Services. For example, without the right to modify Member
Content, MySpace.com would not be able to digitally compress music
files that Members submit or otherwise format Content to satisfy
technical requirements, and without the right to publicly perform
Member Content, MySpace.com could not allow Users to listen to music
posted by Members.

The license you grant to MySpace.com is non-exclusive (meaning you
are free to license your Content to anyone else in addition to
MySpace.com), fully-paid and royalty-free (meaning that MySpace.com
is not required to pay you for the use on the MySpace Services of the
Content that you post), sublicensable (so that MySpace.com is able to
use its affiliates and subcontractors such as Internet content
delivery networks to provide the MySpace Services), and worldwide
(because the Internet and the MySpace Services are global in reach).

This license will terminate at the time you remove your Content from
the MySpace Services. The license does not grant MySpace.com the
right to sell your Content, nor does the license grant MySpace.com
the right to distribute your Content outside of the MySpace Services.

http://tinyurl.com/r3fm2