> Exactly, sustainable living is the motivating factor here,
> both within and without the TMO. Obviously most of us would
> not have come without it, and there is a real feeling of
> community as much of the stress due to the TMO/non-TMO stuff
> fades away.  I think you'd notice many positive changes if
> you were to visit again.

I will definitely visit if karma finds me in the
general area again, and given the weirdness quotient
one tends to find in my karma, it just might. :-)

Seriously, I am very grateful to the Fairfield folk
on this forum. You have changed many of my feelings
about my own TM experience, positively. There is a
sense of *balance* here in most of the members of
this forum that was IMO missing during my years
with the movement. I'm an old Judo guy; it predates
my involvement with TM, and was probably my first
spiritual path in this lifetime. Judo guys
appreciate balance.

There are many memories of my time with TM that I
cherish and rank among my highest moments -- the
tsakli of my life -- and no matter what else I may
say and believe about Maharishi, I thank him for
providing them. It was a nice ride. I'm happy to
see that it still is for many people, and I wish
them well on their Way.

BTW, if I seem a little out of character today,
it's because I'm getting to listen to the first
new Bruce Cockburn songs I've heard in over three
years. Bruce is kind of a passion for me; in a
very real sense (that of the poet whose words
never fail to inspire), he has been one of my
spiritual teachers almost as long as Maharishi.
His cinematic writing style has influenced me
greatly. And because his songs and the knowledge
of how he lives his life encapsulate compassion
so perfectly for me, it's difficult to listen to
new ones without some of it rubbing off on me.  :-)

Here's one of them, called 'Mystery.' I know that
song lyrics rarely come across in print without
the music behind them, but you might be able to
"hear" between the lines...

You can't tell me there is no mystery
Mystery
Mystery
You can't tell me there is no mystery
It's everywhere I turn

Moon over junk yard where the snow lies bright
Snow lies bright
Snow lies bright
Moon over junk yard where the snow lies bright
Can set my heart to burn

Stood before the shaman, I saw star-strewn space
Star-strewn space
Star-strewn space
Stood before the shaman, I saw star strewn space
Behind the eye holes in his face

Infinity always gives me vertigo
Vertigo
Vertigo
Infinity always gives me vertigo
And fills me up with grace

I was built on a Friday and you can't fix me
You can't fix me
You can't fix me
I was built on a Friday and you can't fix me
Even so I've done okay

So grab that last bottle full of gasoline
Gasoline
Gasoline
Grab that last bottle full of gasoline
Light a toast to yesterday

And don't tell me there is no mystery
Mystery
Mystery
And don't tell me there is no mystery
It overflows my cup

This feast of beauty can intoxicate
Intoxicate
Intoxicate
This feast of beauty can intoxicate
Just like the finest wine

So all you stumblers who believe love rules
Believe love rules
Believe love rules
Come all you stumblers who believe love rules
Stand up and let it shine
Stand up and let it shine