Right from the very early times, MMY most definitely claimed that the
meditation he teaches (TM) was taught to him by Guru Dev. A look at
page 244 of 'Thirty Years Around the World' (a TMO publication by
Maharishi Vedic University, 1986) confirms this. Allegedly on 29th
April 1959 Maharishi Mahesh Yogi told journalists:-
'My life truly began 19 years ago at the feet of my master when I
learned the secret of swift and deep meditation, a secret I now
impart.'

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ingegerd"