<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> the practice if transcending was all that?  Posting on this group
has
> made me wonder how many people keep up with the sidhi program.

I do the siddhis only very occasionally. I feel they are way too
powerful for me, especially flying. I'm a sociophobic(?), probably
because of my genetic makeup. I think both my parents were quite
neurotic, especially my mother. My initiator told us, as I recall it,
that TM won't affect ones basic character in any way. That was
a bit of an disappointment for me, but despite that I've been doing
basic TM quite regularly since 1976. Now, when I do flying, strange
things start often happen almost immediately, that are annoying for
someone suffering from social phobias, like people tending to come
closer to me than "without flying". That makes me feel rather
uneasy. Furthermore, I tend have annoying heart arrhythmias during
the day if I do flying for more than a couple of minutes. Perhaps
it lowers my slightly high BP, and my heart reacts like that to
a pressure remarkably lower than to what it's used to.