Lord

> > > And Tatewalle Baba used to speak at MMY's ahsram. Matanada
Mayi
> > > used to visit him.
> > > MMY's "pet" Shankaracharya was the one who presided over the
1957
> > > celebration of
> > > Gurudev's birthday and HE acknowledged the title.
> >

> > Big deal, they were neighbors. In what way did he acknowledge
the
> > title?
>
> He sat next to him with MMY resting his hand on his knee? Shows
respect for the person
> and whatever claims they are making about themselves. Likewise, he
would come and
> lecture at MMY's ashram in Rishikesh AFTEr he "showed his true
colors" by courting the
> Beatles.
>
> In any event it was long before Mahesh showed his true colors.
> > Ceremonies in general tend to be sancuaries for respect and
> > tolerance, it's no indication of what he *really* though--unless
you
> > have a letter or something.
> >
> > Currently the only people who seem to respect him in India are
the
> > pundits he pays for, according to a leading scholar and
meditation
> > expert.
> >

> SSRS reveres him. Are you saying that SSRS, who is revered by many,
is wrong?

I'm not sure that Maharishi's goal is to be revered.
I was under the impression he was more concerned about teaching and
getting this knowledge out?
It just seems unusual to me;
That if he wanted to be revered;
He would be wanting people to bow down to his feet;
And would be all into the whole trip of being worshipped.
I don't think, this has been his trip at all...