> on 7/31/06 7:22 AM, authfriend at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife%
40yahoogroups.com>
> > , Sal Sunshine <salsunshine@>
> > wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > Sal, obviously you don't realize that you're
> > describing *Barry* here.  It isn't Barry's critics
> > who say such things, it's him.
> >
> > This has been his M.O. for as long as I've "known"
> > him, on alt.m.t and FFL both, for 11 years now.
> >
> It¹s a matter of perspective.

Actually, Rick, it's on the record.

> Others (such as Cliff Rees) have
> left FFL because of what they perceive as your attacks.

That's why Cliff said he was leaving, yes.

But if you were to go back and review the traffic,
you'd find that he was *at least* an equal
participant in our hostile exchanges, and that I
held off returning fire in equal measure for some
time, until it became obvious that he couldn't
be de-escalated.

Then I started letting him have it.  My perception
of why he left is that he loved to dish it out, but
he couldn't tolerate having to take it (perhaps
especially from a woman).  For him to complain about
my attacking him in response to his attacks on me is,
well, laughable on its face.

Cliff didn't make things up to anywhere near the
same extent Barry does, though, nor did he
constantly contradict himself; nor did he attempt
to justify these lapses by portraying consistency
and a concern for accuracy and fairness as functions
of lack of spiritual evolution.

I can't comment on the unnamed others you cite,
obviously.  But I rarely attack anyone without
some kind of provocation.

In any case, your remarks about people purportedly
leaving because of my attacks are a non sequitur to
the point I was making to Sal about Barry.