> on 8/4/06 6:41 AM, nablus108 at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Why should that be a problem with anyone ? If it is true.
> > Maharishi is a
> > master, but I have no problem whatsover with the idea that he
might
> > have been active in that area.
> >
> > The only people I think could get angry is the americans
> > who have such a huge problem with sexuality. Look what they did to
> > Clinton just because he was having some fun.
> > The french President Mitterand
> > had a mistress and a daughter. Everyone new that, but did the
french
> > care ? No.
> >
> Did Mitterrand claim to be a life celibate, in large part base his
> reputation on that claim, and convince hundreds of his followers
> to adopt that lifestyle?

I'd still be interested to see documentation of
MMY having made this claim explicitly.

I'm not at all sure where you get the idea that his
reputation was based on large part on a claim to be a
life celibate.  In what way was it based on this
claim?  I never was led to believe it was anything
but incidental.

I don't recall the point ever having been mentioned
by TM teachers unless somebody asked whether MMY was
celibate.  And the response was always followed by
what was said to be MMY's insistence that celibacy was
a calling, not a discipline to be followed for its own
sake, especially not if it ran contrary to one's
inclinations.  A big deal was never made of it.